They say that children are usually attracted to educational toys because they are colorful and fun to play with. A child can spend hours playing with his favorite toys, which is quite helpful in a child’s development. Research studies have shown that playing with toys has a significant impact on a child’s mind and should be encouraged. Parents must ensure that their child has enough playtime, which ensures that they can explore and have fun at the same time. Toys usually allow a child to be more active and use that energy more productively. It also has a significant role to play in a child’s growing interests because they often learn from whatever happens in their surroundings.
Educational toys were introduced for the very reason which would help a child have fun and learn at the same time. They can help a child develop specific problem-solving skills that can prove to be extremely beneficial as well. These toys can teach children about sharing and also nurtures their mind by helping with creativity and imagination.
Educational Toys have an essential role in a child’s development because they have a considerable impact on their minds, and even a one-month-old child can play with them and benefit from them. Here are a few ways in which educational toys are essential for a child.
- Develop Sensory Skills – Playing with vibrant and colorful toys can play a significant role in developing sensory skills. Crafty toys and other activities can develop motor skills in older children, which can help in promoting better communication skills and improve personality.
- Increased IQ – These toys help a child with memory and retention as they play and learn simultaneously. It also helps with increased literacy that can be very beneficial at such a young age.
- Problem Solving Skills – Playing with these toys can help with problem-solving skills as games like puzzles can help a child concentrate and focus, leading to patience. These games can help children understand the problem and try to solve it.
- Improved Focus and Concentration – With toys that require time and lots of concentration, children tend to devote their energy to that, which helps them build their concentration and focus levels. These toys can shape their focus and concentration without really putting any significant effort, which is excellent.
- Social and Emotional Intelligence – Psychologists say that developing emotional intelligence can be a fantastic thing at an early age. These toys put children through various emotions like sharing, bonding, patience, caring, etc. All these emotions help in developing their emotional intelligence, which can shape their entire personality.
- Creativity and Imagination – These toys can help children learn and help with their creativity and imagination. Toys that require a certain level of creativity, which in turn boosts creativity in children. Quickly, children can turn their creativity to create something beautiful.
The Correct Age to play with Educational Toys
It has been proven that children who are a month old can play with these toys. Introducing these toys at an early age is very helpful. The bright colors stimulate a child’s senses, and the continued use of such toys can help a child understand his surroundings better. The sensory skills will develop faster and also make the child confident. Some of the toys that can be introduced to children who are 1 – 12 months old are.
Like ages 12 – 24 months, older children are much more mobile because they slowly learn how to walk and then eventually crawl. It is best to introduce toys that can help them become more independent and help them work on their balance and learn faster. A few toys that can be included for children of this age are –
Slowly children grow up even more, and they become even more active and energetic. This is the best time to put that energy into fair use by making them play with toys to help develop their cognitive skills. They can start writing or drawing, which can improve their motor skills. Different games and books can also be introduced to develop their retention power. All these will appeal to children because they are more visual, and that helps with remembering. Parents can work on ideas like showing children a picture of a dog and then saying that they are dogs. The audio and video method can help a child learn a lot faster than usual. Repetition is also another brilliant idea to help children with learning. Some of the toys that are apt for these children are –
It is safe to say that children can benefit a lot from these toys. It also makes them more active and helps them in so many different ways. Parents must let their children play with these toys more so that they can explore and learn. Parents should also become a part of the process because that leads to bonding, and children can understand the meaning of learning and having fun at the same time. These toys are here to make lives better and help children to become the best version of themselves. The first few years of a child’s life are incredibly crucial, so parents must make full use of them. These toys can be beneficial and can promote better learning and can help in their overall growth. These toys should be encouraged more by parents to help every child out there who can have fun and learn all at the same time. Such toys need to be a part of every child’s life to have a bright future and build a life that will be fruitful. Children can develop a positive attitude towards learning, all thanks to these toys.